Frequently Asked Questions
We understand you may have some further questions for the event. Below is a list of our most frequently asked questions. If you cannot find the answer to your question below, please go to the contact us page and send us an enquiry. Alternatively, you may ask questions via our Telegram, Twitter and Facebook as long as they do not relate to a specific registration.
- Is there an age restriction for attendance?
You MUST be 18 years old or over to attend Furcation as of Nov 10th. You will need to bring a valid form of photo ID in order to register with us when you arrive. If you're unable to provide this, your may be turned away, so please do not forget it!
- What ID do I need to attend Furcation?
You will need to bring one of the following forms of ID, which must have a photo that is a recent likeness and must be in-date. We cannot accept expired ID cards.
- Driving License Photocard
- ID card with the PASS Logo
- EU National ID card
- Home Office biometric photo ID card (BRP/BRC)
- Military ID card (Form 90 ID)
The name on the ID must match your registered name. If you have changed name and not updated ID in time, you will need to bring your deed poll along with ID to prove the change of name.
- Why should I go 'Sponsor'?
Sponsorship is a great way to show your support for the event. Our sponsors get a Furcation hoodie in their welcome pack as well as many other goodies! Check out the pricing page for more details.
- Do I need a fursuit to attend?
Absolutely not! We encourage everyone to join in. In fact all of our events including the photo-shoots and games are open to non-suiters to participate in.
- Can I bring my pets?
Yes! John Fowler Holidays offers pet-friendly accommodation which can facilitate a maximum of two pets per unit. Each pet will require a pet pass charged at £30 per pet.
Service dogs are free of charge, but you still need to let us know they're coming.
If you want to bring your pets, you will need to contact Registration to make sure you're in a pet-friendly unit and to arrange payment
- What will Furcation cost?
Ultimately, it's down to what accommodation options you pick and how many people are in your group so the pricing is variable. Don't worry though, Furcation still aims to provide you excellent value for money.
More details are available on the pricing page.
- What is the theme for Furcation 2023
Space: The Final Fur-rontier. We're star-bursting through space, steering clear of five black holes and going where no furry has gone before. Come join us at the restaurant at the end of the galaxy or take it easy in the Mos Eisley Cantina.
- When does registration open?
- Registration is open! Use our registration portal to register.
- When do I need to make payment?
- When your group has confirmation of successfully getting accommodation, following the lottery, you will have 30 days to make the full payment of your order.
- How do I pay?
- Our systems accept Bank transfer or card payment. Details are provided in the registration portal.
- Can I pay for someone else's order?
- Yes. If you want to pay for someone else, please contact Registration, with their furry name and badge number. We will arrange the amount they owe to be added to your bill, so that you can then make the payment.
- How do I book adapted / assisted accommodation?
- There is limited availability of adapted / assisted accommodation. After registering and setting up your group, please contact Registration with your requirements.
- Can I select accommodation and add early / late later?
- Please try to make sure you select early/late before you choose accommodation. If you do change your mind and want to add it later, contact Registration.
- Can I select accommodation and add sponsor later?
- Yes, you can add sponsor later but after a certain cut-off date we won't be able to guarantee you get all the sponsor items.
- What's the quickest way to get an approved ID?
- A number of PASS Card ID suppliers, including Citizen have a fast track service that can get an ID card to you in a couple of days.
Accommodation and Facilities
- What amenities are included in each accommodation?
As standard, each accommodation comes equipped with:
- Cutlery (Knives, Forks, Spoons)
- Plates, Bowls & Cups
- Gas Oven & Gas Lighter
- Fresh Linen
If your accommodation is lacking any of the above, please let the reception desk know.
- Is accessible accommodation available?
Yes! We advise getting in touch before reserving a room in these cases. Please contact our registration team for details on accessible accommodation and let us know your requirements.
- How many people can stay in my accommodation?
Each accommodation has a maximum capacity which is listed on our pricing details page.
- What kind of food is available at Chef's Corner?
Chef's Corner offers a wide range of food, including (but not limited to) Burgers, Curry, Pie, Jacket Potatoes, Salad, Pasta and other crowd-pleasers. Attendees have previously commented on the good value for money at Chef's Corner making it a great option for dinner; they even offer take-out for you to enjoy in the privacy of your own accommodation.
NB. Due to being at the end of season some lines may run low.
- Where can I charge my electrical vehicle?
There are two electric car charging points by the clubhouse, please do not charge your car from your accommodation. Doing so is covered by our code of conduct. There is also a PodPoint Charging Station as the Tesco Superstore in nearby Burnham-on-Sea.
On the Day
- What time can I access my accommodation?
You can sign in with John Fowler Holiday's reception at any time after 12pm, on the date of your arrival, to collect your accommodation key.
Only the attendees collecting a key need to sign in at reception as your group will be under a single booking. Keys can be collected by any member of the group, it does not have to be the host.
Please note that keys are limited, and each accommodation will have a maximum of two keys available. If you need more than one key, please ask at John Fowler's reception.
- Where and when do I register on-site?
The registration team will be located outside the Club House in the marquee area. After we have checked your ID, you will receive your welcome pack, and if you are a sponsor, you will also receive your sponsor pack! Registration desk is scheduled to be open from:
- Early arrival - Thursday 5pm - 9pm
- First day - Friday 3pm - 6:30pm and 8pm - 9pm
- I missed the registration desk open times! Where should I go to register?
You should go to con-ops to register and claim your welcome pack (and sponsor gifts if applicable!)
If you aren't sure where con-ops is, please ask a member of staff! Look for anyone with a red Furcation lanyard. If you only missed the slot on Thursday please go to the Friday one.
- What time do I need to sign out by?
On the date of your departure, you must vacate your accommodation and sign out at reception by 10am.
- What should I do if I am arriving after reception closes?
If other members of your group have arrived it is likely they will already have your key, but in the event that you are the first arrival for your group, and you anticipate your arrival will be after 11pm, please call the park on 01278 751271 and inform reception that you will be too late to sign in at reception. John Fowler staff will then hand your key to our Welfare team, and let you know where you can pick it up on-site.
- There is a problem with my accommodation!
If there are any problems with your accommodation, let John Fowler's staff know. They will do everything they can to rectify any issues you have!
- Can I come in costume?
Yes! We fully encourage coming in costume, but please be sure to observe the rules on costumes within our Code of Conduct.
- Can I wear a Pup Hood?
We are happy for Pup Hoods to be worn at Furcation however no other ‘gear’ must be worn with it. You must therefore wear the hood only with normal clothing. Full details on costumes can be found within our Code of Conduct.
- If I need help, how do I get in touch with welfare?
Find any member of staff with a radio, they will be able to summon help. Alternatively you can call or message us with the Welfare Number in your Con Book. Whilst we try to monitor the Telegram/Discord channels, this is not 100% effective, and you should try to use other methods where possible.
- What is the 6-2-1 Rule?
This simple rule helps you stay fit and well during the convention, you should get a minimum of 6 Hours Sleep a night, 2 Meals a Day and 1 Shower.
- Can I report issues anonymously?
- I've lodged a concern about another attendee, but they're still attending?
We take all concerns seriously and will investigate to the best of our capabilities. However, we are not the Local Authority, Judges, or Police, and in many cases cannot always pre-emptively ban people in every case.
If an issue arises whilst at the event, we always request that you make it known to the welfare team at the event where action can be taken.
- If someone is making me feel uncomfortable, will my concerns be taken seriously?
The welfare team will always investigate reports to the best of their ability and attempt to mediate the situation as far as reasonably possible.
- I've lost an item at the event, how do I get it back?
Lost Property will be handed into our Convention Operations team, when Con Ops is closed, these items will be provided to Welfare and then passed to Con Ops when they re-open. If you've lost an item, please come see our Con Ops or Welfare Teams - they'll try to assist you as far as possible.
- I'm bringing a Prop / Imitation Weapon, what do I need to do?
If you have any questions/queries/doubts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event and our team will try to assist. Once at con, please visit our team in the Welfare Office where we will inspect the item, inform you of any restrictions and peace bind where necessary in line with the conventions Code of Conduct.
- Who do I contact about an issue?
Details listing all our departments are on our contact page.
Policies and procedures
- Furcation 2023 Code of Conduct
- Conditions of Sale
- The rules for our Discord and Telegram groups are displayed clearly in the respective groups:
If you have any questions about our policies, please contact us: